Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Sunday, March 28, 2010

RAW FOODS: Two Week Rating, Day 14, Cory

Did fine on the diet today, and got my 45 min of cycling in.  Though we are going ahead and staying on Raw Foods, I'm gonna go ahead and give a rating, since we've now done it for two weeks.

TWO WEEK RATINGS

--EFFECTIVENESS: B  Did it work for weight loss? I think it helped me loose - as I mentioned before, I'm not getting on the scale, but my clothes are getting even looser.

--EASE OF USE: B-  Was it easy to use?  It wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy either.  It required lots of thought and planning, because fresh foods go bad, and because you just have to adjust and work on "getting it right" for yourself.  And there's plenty of cutting and slicing and such.  But really, it wasn't bad, and it was worth the effort.

--ENERGY LEVELS: B  Were energy levels high, or did it make us feel weak or tired? No problem in this area. Same as last week: I never felt weak or faint from the diet, or anything like that. On the other hand, I wouldn't say I had "more energy" than usual, either.

--HUNGER FULFILLMENT AND CRAVINGS: B-  Were hunger levels and cravings reasonable, or terrible? Cravings and hunger were reasonable.  It might have been worse if I was trying to stick STRICTLY to Raw Foods, I think.

--OVERALL : B  How was it overall? I quickly found myself needing to lower the Raw Food percent from 75 to around 50, for various reasons, mostly:  Cravings for meat, dairy, and grain . . . social and time-related needs to find ways to eat those things without trying to figure out how to do so, raw.

Would I do it again? Yes, in fact, I am doing it again!  Cappy & I are going another 2 wks!  And if it continues going well, I may want to consider making "plenty of raw foods, every day" a permanent change.

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment