Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Saturday, March 20, 2010

RAW FOOD: Day 6, Cory

All went well with the diet again, though again, I had all day classes and my raw food percent was even lower today, because  the classes were from morning to evening, so both lunch and dinner were out, and I felt like a needed a substantial breakfast to get me through.

Anyhow,  I did eat a peach, an small orange, an apple, a serving of raw cashews, and a serving of raw, mixed veggies.  But I also ate oatmeal, a goat cheese sandwich, a grilled chicken sandwich, a grilled chicken snack wrap, and a yogurt.

So, I am definitely continuing to make raw foods a big part of my eating, and I think, actually, that figuring out how to adapt when you are away from home or in unusual situations is good!  I brought the fruit and mixed veggies with me, then ate sensibly when I went out. I am happy with that, and will go back to a higher percentage of raw food when I go back to my usual routine.

Also, even though the classes involve some difficult topics and are quite stressful and challenging emotionally, I don't find myself looking for comfort from the food.  That is why I said before that it feels like something has just changed inside me, when it comes to food.  I don't know how to describe it, but I think it is a positive change, and I hope it is a permanent sort of change.

My exercise was good again, with a couple miles of walking and the 45 min on the bike.

--Cory

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are kicking ass and taking names with this lifestyle diet change, Cory! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete