Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Sunday, March 14, 2010

PEANUT BUTTER: Final Ratings, Day 14, Cory

I did OK.  I decided to have a treat, and had a serving of Ben & Jerry's American Dream ice cream (a cup).  That's something like 550 cals, but I kept the rest of my eating very light all day, and I did my 45 minutes on the bike, so I think I'm fine on keeping overall calories at weight losing levels.

FINAL RATINGS

--EFFECTIVENESS: C

Did it work for weight loss? I think this was pretty slow, but I think that's probably about the fact that I'm getting closer to my goal, and it's a sensible sort of diet.

--EASE OF USE: A

Was the food easy to obtain and prepare and take to work and adapt to the everyday? Nothing exotic, and I don't mind cooking a simple dinner in the evening, so no problem.

--ENERGY LEVELS: C

Were energy levels high, or did it make us feel weak or tired? I had some trouble with feeling a little light-headed yesterday. But it's hard to blame the diet.  I mean, yesterday, I was out and about and didn't eat for hours when I shoulda had a snack.  Also, my sleep has been funky the last few weeks.  However, our first week of SUNSHINE actually had me peppier, for a few days.  Heck, I don't know.  I'm complex, man!  How can I know how much my diet had to do with the ups and downs?

--HUNGER FULFILLMENT AND CRAVINGS:  C

Were hunger levels and cravings reasonable, or terrible? I think my craving for a treat today was more about the fact that it's been six weeks since I had any kind of treat, than it was about this specific diet.  But I got sooooo tired of the Peanut Butter, that I only stuck to that part for one week instead of two. 

--OVERALL :  C

How was it overall?  I give it a C because of BORING.

Would I do it again?  NO.   I didn't realize how horribly bored I would get with it, and how fast.

NEXT UP!

We've decided on the Raw Foods Diet!

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment