Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Saturday, March 20, 2010

Raw Food: Day 6, Cappy

Diet went fine again today.  No problems with it at all.  No hunger or major cravings to speak of.


I only walked for 45 minutes today.  I meant to walk for an hour and a half total, but I just couldn't make myself go back out after I brought the dogs in from their walk.  I really need to focus on increasing my exercise next week, now that I'm getting into the groove of this diet.


Happymaker of the day:  Feeling super efficient at work and making a client smile.


Cappy

2 comments:

  1. Cappy, I'd say just take it slow and easy on increasing your exercising.

    Good to hear the diet is going so well for you - and as I said in the last comment, I am up for continuing it longer if you are. Let's see how we are feeling as we get closer to the end of next week.

    And yes! The raw cashews! I never realized how sort of sweet and creamy they were, raw. So good!

    I also love raw almonds, but they didn't have them at the local Kroger's (at least, not whole ones), and I haven't looked elsewhere yet. But I will. Again though, I have to be careful to just eat a sensible amount and not let them send me on a nut-eatin' binge!

    They are just so (as my Italian mamma used to say) "mangiarella, mangiarella!" Which I would translate if I could think of a similar word in English - kinda means "you can't eat just one!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been munching on raw almonds--I had no idea I'd like them as much as I do. I bought raw walnuts today, but I'm a bit disappointed with them. I thought I'd like them way more than I actually did. I'll keep eating them occasionally though, since they're so high in omega-3 fatty acids.

    But the cashews I am loving. Sooo yummy. I have a recipe somewhere for making milk out of cashews or almonds. I should try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete