Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Raw Food: Day 9, Cappy

Things went pretty much the same today, food-wise.  Except I ended up eating a tiny sliver of my boss's birthday cake.  So tiny it probably could have been eaten in 3 bites or so, but it took me longer because I was savoring it.  I figure, if I'm going to try to make this a lifelong commitment then I need to allow myself a cheat on special occasions.  But, I did not do what I usually do when on a diet, which is thinking, "Hey, I've ruined the diet today by eating this cake, so I might as well eat whatever I want all day."  I just continued right on with the diet as if I never had that piece of cake.


I did not exercise today.  I'll try to make up for it tomorrow.


Happymaker of the day:  laughing with coworkers.  There was a lot of laughing at work today. ;D


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. A "tiny sliver" is a good way to go, and a "take it from there as if you never ate it," is good too.

    I think "Oh, no! I have to make up for it!" is a mistake as well as deciding "What the heck, I've ruined my diet, I might as well quit." Both attitudes have you giving too much importance to a very occasional, tiny sliver of cake.

    So good going!

    There is sunshine today, so I may try to do some extra walking at lunchtime - if it's warmed up from the 31 degrees.

    --Cory

    ReplyDelete