Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Sunday, March 21, 2010

Raw Food: Day 7, Cappy

Well, I was having a good, typical raw food day until supper.  My nephew and his girlfriend came over for dinner and we had breakfast for supper and I broke down and ate some.  Not a lot, and I didn't go back for seconds, so I'm not stuffed.  And you know what?  I was left wondering what the big deal was.  It wasn't worth it to me.  So, I'm chalking this up to a learning experience instead of beating myself up about it.  This isn't going to throw me off track; if anything, it feels it may keep me truer to my course.


I did not work out today.  It's raining and blustery outside, so I couldn't go for my walk.  And I decided to make this a day of rest for myself (and also a day of cut and prep--I spent almost two hours chopping up veggies and fruit for the week to come; I feel so prepared!).


Happymaker of the day:  sleeping really late.


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Good discovery you made there, Cappy, about how "it wasn't worth it." Exactly how I felt about the doughnut-temptation today - though it was a less tempting situation than a family meal would be.

    For whatever help it may be, one thing that has definitely been helping me is telling people about the blog in general, and, in particular, announcing immediately, when in a tempting situation: "Oh, I can't eat that, I'm dieting with a friend and we're blogging about our eating. I don't want to disappoint myself or Cappy." Or something like that.

    That way, once I've announced to God and country that I'm NOT gonna eat X, I have more pressure on myself to stick by what I said. I also get more understanding from people around me, who are slowly learning NOT to keep offering me tempting treats.

    Another thing that helps is telling the snootiest, most-likely-to-scoff people that I am DEFINITELY going to make it. I say this with 100% confidence and even cockiness, whether I feel it, or not.

    I find that helps provide me some real motivation, because the last thing I want is to prove them right, and the first thing I want is to prove them wrong. :)

    Hugs and congrats again on the "discovery moment" and on keeping your indulgence moderate. Onward and upward! (Or, in the case of the scale, downward!)

    ReplyDelete