Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Monday, March 22, 2010

Raw Food: Day 8, Cappy

Diet went great today!  I think I'm really getting the hang of this all raw way of eating.  I did get a little hungry right before lunch, and then again late afternoon--I'm blaming that on my slip-up of eating fattening stuff last night. ;D  The only things I'm eating that aren't raw are my bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and sometimes I have plain tuna on my salad.  Other than that, I'm all raw and having no issues with it.


I got my very favorite and special and expensive olive oil shipped in today, and my oh my, did I have a delicious salad for supper tonight!  YUM.  I need to be careful and not use more than a serving (1 tbsp.), though.  It'd be very easy to go overboard with that.


I walked for an hour this evening, evening the temp was hovering around 40 degrees and it was drizzling rain.  Cold walk, but I feel great afterwards, even though my teeth are still chattering. ;D  I did the hill that I hate so much 3 times--I'm determined to do it as much as I can so that I can build up muscle faster.


Happymaker of the day:  YUMMY OLIVE OIL.


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Wow - sounds like you are really doing well on this.

    I saw what you wrote as a comment on my post, about bread and cheese being triggers for you - I get that. Good thinking not to go that route.

    In fact, I think I am going to have to cut out the nuts, once I finish what I've got.

    Last night, I had a large serving of nuts before bed when I got hungry. And nuts are just too high cal for me to snack and snack and snack on them. So I'm going to finish up what I've got, and then not buy anymore.

    A pity - not only are they yummy, but they provide a lot of nutrients. Still, like Alton Brown and his milk, if it's a trigger, then I've got to cut it out and find another way. I'm thinking beans might be an appropriate substitute for the nuts, even though I can't (well, don't want to) eat beans raw.

    I really had never spent much time or thought on "triggers!" Seems so obvious, but I just never did. -- Cory

    ReplyDelete