Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Thursday, March 25, 2010

RAW FOOD: Day 11, Cory

Nothing new on eating or exercise - almost exactly like yesterday - which is good!

I walked a little less, but it did include a set of very steep steps.

Am going out for dinner tomorrow, and I don't really know the restaurant very well, but I know it has Chinese food, so I will probably just get a bowl of soup, and eat some raw fruit and veggies at home.

It's for birthdays so I expect there might be some cake involved, but I think I can easily pass that up.  There were again treats out at work today - banana bread, oatmeal raisin cookies, and chocolate cake, and I had no problem.  

The best part is that it doesn't at all feel like deprivation, or like I'm trying to prove something to myself or anyone else.  It doesn't feel hard.  When someone offers, I just politely say no thank you with nothing further.  I feel no need to explain.

I don't know - it just feels like I am being good to myself . . . taking care of myself, and it is OK for me to do that.  I don't have to explain it to anybody, or justify it to anybody.  

It's OK for me to put my health ahead of someone else's desire for me to "try this," or whatever.  Anyone who gets offended or judges me negatively because I am trying to take care of myself - that's their problem, not mine.

It's OK for me to have faith in my own intuitions and experience and knowledge about what is right for me.  Anyone who gets offended or judges me negatively because I'm taking a different route than he or she would - that's their problem, not mine.

Anyone who thinks my choices here are about anything other than taking care of me, to the best of my ability - again . . . their problem, not mine.

Sounds simple, but it took a long time to get here.  I hope it is all as permanent a change as it feels to me that it is.

--- Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment