Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

RAW FOOD: Day 10, Cory

Good day, eating-wise and exercise-wise.  Stuck to the plan without problems.  Had plenty of raw foods (3 servings of fruit and 3 of veggies), and the cooked food I ate was a serving of goat cheese, two servings of whole grain bread, a serving of oatmeal, and a serving of smoked salmon.  So all healthy foods.

Exercise was 45 min on the bike, and a walk of about 1 mile.

Really good idea for me not to replace the nuts, I think.  They are the only thing that tempted me to cheat.  I again shake my head at never before trying to identify and cut out trigger foods.

At work today, someone brought cinnamon rolls, chocolate cake, and chocolate chip cookies, all in our breakroom . . . I went in there to rinse my coffee cup and it was no problem passing it all up.  So that really felt good and made me optimistic again, that the days of compulsive/emotional eating were indeed, getting behind me.

I read a little bit about plateaus, and basically found two schools of thought:  Shake it up a bit by changing your diet for a short while (for example, if you're doing low-fat, high-grain . . . change to low-carb, high protein, or vice-versa) OR don't worry about it, just keep going with what you're doing, and eventually you will move off your plateau.

Hmmmm.  Anyone out there had any experience with this?  Any advice?

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment