Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Monday, March 8, 2010

Peanut Butter: Day 8, Cappy

Things went much better for me today.  Did not have a problem with the diet at all.  I did startv to feel a little weak/low-blood-sugar-y this afternoon around 4:30, so I ate an apple, which seemed to help a lot.  I've adjusted the diet around a bit to suit me more, eating a little more here, a little less there, substituting other kinds of lean protein for the peanut butter sometimes.  But I do try to make sure I get a bit of protein at each meal--I've found I feel worse if I don't get at least a little portion of protein throughout the day.  I much prefer the slow, steady kind of energy boost I seem to get from it, as opposed to the quick boost I get from carbs that I end up crashing from later on.  


And I went for a 45 minute walk when I got home from work.  I was wanting to go for an hour, but my feet started hurting and I was worried about getting a blister, so I held back a bit.


Happymaker of the day:  Getting back into the diet and workout groove.


Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment