Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Peanut Butter: Day 9, Cappy

Diet went great today!  Except we got our Girl Scout cookies in and I ate four.  But, I left the cookies at work, and I'm considering either giving them to my nephew when next I see him or just letting the vultures at work devour them.  I WILL NOT EAT ALL THREE BOXES, I REFUSE.


I was not able to go for my walk since it was raining at lunch and then when I got home from work.  So, I did my 30 minute Wii workout, and then I played tennis on my Wii for 30 minutes.  So, I'm fairly pleased with that.


Cory!  What do you think of doing the raw foods diet next?  I'm wanting something to kick start my weight loss, and I'm extremely curious to try that diet.  


Happymaker of the day:  Not eating all three boxes of Girl Scout cookies.


Cappy


3 comments:

  1. Cappy: Glad things are looking up.

    I used the "put the cookies out for my co-workers to wolf down" method of getting rid of my Girl Scout cookies. They were all gone in no time.

    RAW FOODS DIET: Well, I've read up on it, and I'm willing to try it using what seems to be the standard on this - at least 75% of the diet is raw. Now, I don't plan to weigh everything out, so I'm saying "at least 75% as determined using my eyeballs and common sense."

    What are your thoughts on this? Right now, I'm thinking I'd probably do something like:

    BRK: 100% Raw: Non-citrus, non-berry fruit (like apple or pear or peach or plums . . . one or two or even three, depending on size of fruit), and a handful raw nuts (probably almonds).

    SNACK: 100% Raw: Cup of berries

    LUNCH: 100% Raw: Salad with greens, avocado (or beans like kidney or garbanzo, which are not raw, but I may use beans to switch it up a bit here), tomato, and olive-oil/vinegar dressing

    SNACK: Orange

    DINNER: Partially Raw: Large salad with plenty of greens and veggies and small amount of cooked meat (like 3 oz or so of grilled chicken or salmon or shrimp), same oil-vinegar dressing, and good sized piece of whole wheat toast

    SNACK: Not Raw: Yogurt with fruit (like one Dannon fruit on the bottom yogurt container).

    I want to get some meat and dairy and grain in there. And I don't want to eat them raw, though from what I read, some people do.

    Also, at this point, I'm not giving up coffee, so my usual 2 - 3 cups a day, while not at all raw, would be included.

    So, I wouldn't be a purist, and I don't think I want to go "cold turkey" into being a purist anyhow. But that would get me a long way toward eating raw. There is rawness galore going on, there, no? And it can help me see if I want to take it farther.

    I like the idea of trying it.

    Your thoughts and input appreciated . . . Cory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was messing with you on Twitter, but seriously, I think it's great that you had those cookies tempting you but you only ate four. It's really hard to deny yourself! Even the biggest health nuts say stick to the 80/20 rule: If you eat healthy 80% of the time, you can indulge 20% of the time. Both of you and Cory are like rock stars to me. I love reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thank you Michelle, it makes me feel good to hear that! And yeah, I'm not too bummed over eating the cookies. A life without some indulgences would be too boring. ;D

    ReplyDelete