Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Friday, March 12, 2010

Peanut Butter: Day 12, Cappy

Same ol' same ol' today with the diet.  Did good, only ate two Girl Scout cookies.


I went for a 40 minute walk on my lunch break today, and I was going to walk again tonight after work but I decided to give my legs a break.  They were aching and sore today, and it got chilly outside tonight and I had an exhausting day at work, so I chose not to workout this evening.  


I see where Cory said she's both excited and nervous about starting the new diet next week.  I suppose I'm feeling a bit of both too, but I'm definitely more excited.  I need something to really make me feel a difference.  And I'm eager to find out if it really gives me as much energy and makes me feel as good as everything I've read has stated.


I also have had several people tell me in the past that apple cider vinegar is supposed to help boost your metabolism and make you feel better.  So, I bought some and finally started giving it a try today.  You're supposed to mix a teaspoon with a glass of water, or mix it in with a smoothie or something like that, or maybe mix it in with your salad dressing, etc.  But ingesting 1 tsp three times a day.  Well, I had no way of transporting it to work with me (I didn't want to be carrying this big glass bottle of it to work), so I only got in the one dose this morning and one when I got home tonight.  And this may be a completely psychological effect, but I did feel a noticeable increase in my energy level today, and I was in a pretty good and relaxed mood all day (and considering how hectic and insane my work day was, that was a definite accomplishment), so, I dunno?  Even if it's not really helping, I don't see how it could hurt.


Happymaker of the day:  Knowing all day that it was Friday and that I'm off work tomorrow.


Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment