Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Sunday, February 28, 2010

SUBWAY: Final Rating, Day 14, Cory

I did alright on my last day.  I mixed it up some, because I wanted to eat up the fruit and veggies that were older and were gonna go bad.  So I had a small sandwich instead of a sub at dinner, and then had two pieces of fruit for the day, instead of one.  I'm gonna finish up the milk before bed - i.e., have two glasses of milk today, instead of my usual one.  But that's gotta get used up too.  Did my usual exercise bike stuff, no problema.

FINAL RATINGS

--EFFECTIVENESS: B
Did it work for weight loss? I think this was a little faster than the Slimfast, but still nothing dramatic.  Makes sense as it is more restrictive and less sugary.  Also, I confess I never get on the scale, and judge solely by the way my clothes fit - so grain of salt on my judgment here. (I have a tendency to obsess about the numbers, so I do better just not knowing the numbers.)

--EASE OF USE: A++
Was the food easy to obtain and prepare and take to work and adapt to the everyday? I said last week that it would be hard to be easier than the Slimfast diet, but actually, this was easier.  I mean - cereal in the morning, sandwiches for lunch and dinner.  It could not be easier unless Cappy prepared my sandwiches for me.

--ENERGY LEVELS: B
Were energy levels high, or did it make us feel weak or tired? No problem in this area.  Same as last week: I never felt weak or faint from the diet, or anything like that.  I wouldn't say I had "more energy" than usual, but I definitely didn't have less.

--HUNGER FULFILLMENT AND CRAVINGS:  C
Were hunger levels and cravings reasonable, or terrible?  I don't know if it is because I am into the 3rd and 4th week, or because of the more restrictive fare, but I did have a harder time with cravings, and twice had a light "midnight snack" so I could stop feeling so hungry and get some sleep.

--OVERALL :  B
How was it overall?  I liked it better the first week than the second week, when I was getting really tired of the same-old, same-old.  I can't imagine how Jared did this for over a year!

Would I do it again?  Yes, after I gave it some time.  I mean, I was bored with the subs, and don't feel like going back to subs for awhile.  And if I did it again, I'd be likely to do it for one week, instead of two.

NEXT UP!

We've decided on the Peanut Butter diet - see my Day 13 post and comment for info.

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment