Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Monday, February 15, 2010

SUBWAY: Day 1, Cory

Well, mostly, it was fun to move on to something new.  I was MUCH happier with a real breakfast, than my "one can of Slimfast," and calorie count was approximately the same.  I didn't have a mid-morning snack, but I didn't really need it, either!

I did get a "light turkey" 6" sub sandwich for lunch, on a multigrain sub bun, at a nearby sub shop (a block away).  It wasn't Subway, but hey - it was snowing like crazy, with lots of wind and cold, so I wasn't going to Subway, which is much farther away.  I also ate an apple later.

Then I made my own 6" sub for dinner - this time using some thin sliced roast beef, mounds of veggies, a multigrain bun, some mustard and a bit of horseradish.  I had a glass of milk, and later, a container of Dannon's "fruit on the bottom" yogurt.

I did 45 minutes on the bike again, and am feeling fine as far as hunger and cravings and such.

HAPPYMAKER:  Uhm . . . let's see . . . well, obviously, I've got to start doing better at this part . . .

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment