Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 3, Cappy

Breakfast:  shake and oatmeal


Mid-morning snack:  I forgot to eat one! /o\  The morning just got away from me, and between a cup of green tea and a cup of coffee, I just didn't get hungry enough to be reminded to eat.  I know that's not good because I need to eat something every few hours to keep my blood sugar steady, so I'm going to do my best to not forget anymore.


Lunch:  shake and peanut butter sandwich, with whole wheat bread and low-fat peanut butter


Afternoon snack:  Banana


Supper: leftover chicken veggie stir fry with brown rice, 1 slimfast snack bar


Workout:  25 minutes with exercise dvd (should have done 30 minutes, but I'll do better tomorrow)


I did finally go grocery shopping this afternoon and bought enough provisions to hopefully last me a while.  The slimfast 100 calorie snack bars are TINY!  I think I'd be more satisfied eating 100 calories worth of fruit than these itty bitty little things, but at least now I know what they're like.


Energy levels were way better today than they have been all week, probably due to having finally gotten caught up on my sleep.


Did not feel really hungry or that I was depriving myself at any point during the day today.  Yayness!


Happymaker:  Ummm . . . I took a picture of myself with my computer's webcam to show my hair to a friend and didn't cringe from the horribleness of it, which is a huge deal for me, considering how much I hate having my picture taken.  Baby steps.


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the exercising, 25 min is great! Also congrats on catching up on sleep. I think I caught your insomnia, as I am kind of down today.

    Your Happymaker is sending someone your pic? Wow. Aren't we just a wee bit overstating the joyful effects of receiving a Cappy-picture? (Not that it's not great, I mean.)

    --Cory

    ReplyDelete