Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 2, Cory

Happy Groundhog Day! I understand Puxatony Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter today, which works for me. More time to get in shape for real (as opposed to stationary) bike riding in the spring.

SLIMFAST SUMMARY: Not bad at all, my only complaint is that the "just a shake" breakfast, and tiny small orange mid-morning snack, is not enough to keep me from being really hungry by lunchtime. I eat my "half sandwich and shake" lunch, and again eat my mid-afternoon snack bar with the lunch - cause: HUNGRY! I do note that I'm happier with the half-sandwich and shake option, than the yogurt & shake option, so for next week I won't buy the yogurts. Overall, with the carrot sticks I can have at midafternoon, I do OK getting to dinner. Dinner's a sirloin hamburger patty, one piece of wheat bread, and some mixed vegetables.

EXERCISE SUMMARY: Exercise bike again - increased resistance and went for approx 30 minutes. I wasn't even sore this morning, so I figured I could up yesterday's effort.  Increasing the resistance made a huge difference, as far as making my heart pound.  I guess things that make your heart pound are . . . good for you?  Cappy? Anyone?

PRAYER OF THE DAY:  God grant me the willpower to accept the things I cannot eat, the courage to eat the things I can, and a stomach that won't know the difference.

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment