Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SlimFAST: Day 10, Cappy

Diet went well again today, same as usual.  Although, I am still hungry tonight.  The past two nights I had eaten a bowl of "healthy" chili for supper, and that was a lot more filling than tonight's supper of baby spinach leaves w/dressing, steamed veggies, and a Lean Cuisine dinner.  But, I drank a cup of green tea, and that seems to have helped the hunger for a bit.


I did the tough workout dvd for a third day in a row! \o/  I need to do more than just this 30 minute workout a day, but I'll concentrate on increasing my exercising once I've got myself entrenched in a routine.


Happymaker of the day:  Working through a personal self-esteem "demon" that I've struggled with all my life.  It's not solved or all better, but I was able to see the light on the other side of it, work my way through it, acknowledge why I was feeling the way I was feeling, and let it go.  That's the first time I've ever been able to do that, and it was very empowering.  And before you ask, yes, I actually could vague that up a bit more for you, believe it or not. ;D


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Cappy, on dealing with the hunger. Also think the "get entrenched then work on adjustments" approach is a good one for your exercise.

    On your Happymaker: I can see right through this, but I think it would be best if you just stopped trying to compare yourself to me, ya know?

    But seriously: Yes, that is vague, but it still sounds like a great, positive step. Not only did you have the epiphany, but you also realize that it takes more than just that moment of realization . . . i.e., it doesn't mean that it's all solved and better. But you know what? It does mean that now, it CAN one day be all solved and better. So - yay, you!

    - Cory

    ReplyDelete