Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Monday, February 1, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 1, Cappy

Morning:  There was no "waking up" because I never really officially fell asleep last night, due to too much coffee yesterday and insomnia.  Monday morning, FML.  I drink a shake, scramble up some egg substitute, and drink a cup of yummy green tea.  The shake is chocolate and yummy.


I start to feel some hunger pains around 10:30-11:00am, which is perfect because that's when I had planned for my mid-morning snack:  baby carrots and salsa.  Once again, yummy.  But not as satisfying as breakfast.


By lunchtime at 1:30, I am pretty hungry.  I drink another shake, and munch on some raisins and more carrots.  Since I am out of toothpicks to keep my eyelids open, I break down and have another pot cup of coffee with some sugar-free non-dairy creamer, French Vanilla-flavored, cause that's how I roll.


Afternoon snack:  I am so sleepy and I must be acting maybe a little cranky because everyone keeps crying and running away from me when I approach them, so I decide maybe I should go ahead and munch on that banana I brought to work.  It does not appease the beast within, but I drink a glass of water, and that helps fill the void.


Suppertime!  This did not go at all how I had planned.  I was going to come home from work, prepare chicken veggie stir-fry with brown rice, set it aside while I go for a long walk, then heat up the meal, sit back and enjoy.  Instead, I find myself sitting outside a co-ed gym in my car with a coworker, shivering while waiting for my boss and another coworker to get done with their zoomba class, watching various middle-aged men in freakishly short shorts walk around chatting up the gym-babes.  My coworker had left her car keys in the other coworker's car, and said coworker was not answering her cell phone while she was zoomba-ing her cares away, or whatthefrakever.  I get home almost two hours late, make myself a bowl of cold (though healthy--Fiber One) cereal with skim milk and collapse in front of my lovely iMac.  No workout for me today, other than trying not to dry-heave at the sight of the pasty hairy man who had forgotten to wear some sort of athletic supporter underneath his flappy short shorts--dude, just because you like to swing low your sweet chariot doesn't mean you should subject the rest of us to it.


To sum up the first day of Slimfast:


Hunger levels:  hungry, but manageable

Ease:  very easy
Energy levels:  Extremely low, but that's probably more due to getting only about 1/2 hour of sleep total last night.

Cravings:  nothing, other than for sleep and sweet release from the view of Mr Balljangles

Exercise:  did not exercise in morning or evening as planned.  Criticize this at your own peril.

I got next to no 
sleep last night, and woke up to family and work drama, so the day did not start off great.  Normally, I would tell myself that a day such as this is no day to deprive myself by starting a diet, but I shushed that little voice inside my head and continued on with the plan.  I still have yet to go to the store for my complete essentials for the rest of the week, and only have the bare minimum of supplies for the diet.  Hopefully, I'll get the chance to shop tomorrow, or at the latest on Wednesday.

Happymaker for the day:  Um, I didn't kill anybody?  That's a happy-making thing, right?





Cappy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you stuck to the plan pretty well, considering the challenges there, Cappy, congrats.

    I see I wasn't too far off in worrying about your mood, however - I'm going to take a chance and offer some gentle criticism. I mean, even if you do get in your car right away, and drive the zillion-hundred miles to see me, you probably won't still be mad by the time you get here, right?

    So anyhow: Calling someone "Mr Balljangles" is very unkind. Also, I think you need to set the bar a little higher on the Happymaker. I'm just saying. - CORY

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like I called him "Mr. Balljangles" to his face. Not a lot, at least.

    As far as the Happymakers, it's all about the baby steps. This week, no killings, next week, maybe I can step it up and try not to make people cry? I make no guarantees, though. --CAPPY

    ReplyDelete