Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 2, Cappy

Dear Diary,


Cory gets on my nerves so much, with her peppiness and snooty ways, who does she think she is, anyways?


Whups!  Wrong journal.  My bad.


Today was a much better day, in regards to outside forces trying to sabotage my good intentions.  I slept good last night, though I did wake in the middle of the night twice with leg cramps in both legs.  Very strange, especially considering I didn't even exercise yesterday.  


Breakfast was a shake and bowl of oatmeal.  I am having no problems with the breakfast part of this diet because my usual breakfast is a bowl of oatmeal and scrambled egg beaters, so not much difference, so far. Morning snack was again baby carrots with salsa, and lunch was a shake and peanut butter sandwich with two slices of whole wheat bread and reduced fat peanut butter.  The diet called for only one slice of bread and regular peanut butter, so I figure I'm evening things out.  I did adjust my diet log accordingly so that I can keep an accurate count of calories/fat consumed.


I left work about an hour early today and came home and took a nap--still trying to catch up on my lack of sleep from the Night That Would Never End.  I woke up starving because I had forgotten to eat my afternoon snack before falling asleep, so I munched on a banana while cooking supper, which was chicken veggie stir fry with brown rice.  YUM.


Have not exercised for today, but I've decided I'm not going to beat myself up over that right at first.  I'm going to cut myself some slack, and pat myself on the back for staying on this diet two days in a row without any urge to fall off.  If I can get myself to exercise at least three days this week, I will be pleased with myself.  Baby steps.


Happymaker for the day:  Making a present for a friend having a bad day.


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no! Reading your entry reminds me - I forgot to do my Happymaker again today - so, I guess I'll do it right now, by sending you this good wish: Good luck tomorrow Cappy, in trying to be a better person! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete