Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 3, Cory

DAY AT WORK: OMG, I realize as I walk into the office, that I have forgotten my snack bar!

And today is a pizza lunch day at work! And there is going to be a birthday cake! And I have to resist eating pizza! Without my snack bar! And I brought my yogurt instead of a half sandwich, to go with my Slimfast shake for lunch.

At lunch, the pepperoni pizza tries to seduce me by whispering sweet-nothings in my ear, and the cake gets really bossy. But I tell them off, and hold my own. YES! I manage to give the birthday girl my best without munching down.

BACK HOME: In the evening, I again have chicken stir-fry, only this time with a potato instead of bread. I do my 30 minutes on the bike, and go see my counselor, where we discuss why I chat with party food.

HAPPYMAKER: Oh, Cappy – do I gotta do this? Does saying Happy Birthday to a co-worker count?

--Cory

1 comment:

  1. You really need to work on this whole Happymaker thing. Your mental and emotional well-being is just as important as your physical health! Also, I'm looking out for those who have to be around you everyday-- I'm betting at least one of your friends would be willing to pay me good money for making you a nicer person.

    --Cappy

    ReplyDelete