Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Thursday, February 4, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 4, Cappy

I've started adjusting when I eat to suit my metabolism a bit more.  I'm eating what's on the diet and the amounts given but, for instance, I haven't needed a mid-morning snack, but in the afternoons, especially after a light lunch, I sometimes need more than 1 mini-snack.  So, unless I'm feeling hungry, I've decided to have two mini-snacks in the afternoon and to lose the morning snack.


The diet went well today.  Except I ate 3 mini-chocolate chip cookies.  I was wanting to eat A LOT more though, so I'm proud of how I did with the temptation.


And, I did a workout dvd that I haven't used in over a year.  My arms and legs are like wet limp noodles now, so I'm pretty sure tomorrow I will barely be able to move.  But, I know once I get past this initial pain and soreness that I'll be able to do the dvd and function normally--I did it before and I'll do it again.  It's a very good dvd, focusing on cardio and strength training, and also doing a lot of core training, which I really need.


Happymaker for the day:  Watching my favorite tv show and squeeing about it with friends and family.


Cappy 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, be proud you didn't give in to the urge to keep eating the chocolate chip cookies, and just move on to the next day! Way to go with the attitude and the exercise.

    I'm having the opposite issue - where I'm not hungry mid-afternoon, but I am really hungry mid-morning. Definitely I think that adjusting to your own rhythm is the way to go.

    Your happymaker . . . well, having done this with you before - I mean, watching your fave show with you - I know that it defintely gives you a happy.

    OK - so four days down and 10 to go on this diet! Go, us!! - Cory

    ReplyDelete