Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Friday, February 26, 2010

Subway: Day 12, Cappy

Diet went great today until I caved on my way home from work and bought a small Frosty from Wendy's.  *sigh*  It's been a really rough week, and I let my weaknesses take over.  There's no excuse for it.  I've just got to try to do better tomorrow.


And I did not exercise today.  That's definitely got to change, as well.  Nothing positive is going to happen if I don't put the effort into it, I know that.


Sorry I've been such a bad buddy this week, Cory.  I promise I'll try to do better next week.  I'm proud of you for how well you're doing!  Keep up the good work. :)


Cappy

3 comments:

  1. Yep, just get right back on the horse and don't look back. No use slapping yourself around - I can do that. :)

    It is hard to feel down and try to change eating habits at the same time; all you can do is plow through this part. And maybe do some "unrelated to food things" to lift your mood or try to deal with the funkiness.

    I am doing fairly well, though I broke the diet two days in a row this week - it may not have been a major way, but still - I can't keep doing it and expect to lose and keep it off.

    I mean, I have to come up with strategies for identifying and dealing with the things that make me act outside my better judgment. But hey, that's what this experimenting is all about.

    --Cory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Cappy,

    The way I see it, completely depriving yourself all the time just makes a diet harder to stick to. I mean, you certainly don't want to be having a Frosty every day (as awesome a thought as that is). But one indulgence after almost a month of smart eating isn't going to be a deal-breaker. It happened, so you just move forward. And you certainly don't need to beat yourself up over it.

    Ditto the exercise thing. You know you need to get back to it, and you will—I truly believe that. Start small if you need to; for instance, you could schedule some time to play tennis on your Wii, even if it's only for 15 minutes. After all, you're trying to change habits that have been a lifetime in the making—that's not going to happen overnight, or even after a month.

    You have a ton of people in your life who believe in you; let that help carry you through those moments when you have a hard time believing in yourself, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point, Sara, about the need for occasional indulgence.

    Cappy, maybe after the PB diet, we should consider the No S diet that Michelle suggested early on - the "No S Diet," which is "No Snacks, No Sweets, No Seconds - except on days that begin with S." She gave us a link . . . but basically, you eat sensibly during the week, then get to choose some limited "cheats" on weekends.

    It might be a good way to see if this approach can work as a "long run" approach, once we get to a final weight.

    --Cory

    ReplyDelete