Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Subway: Day 2, Cappy

Had my normal combo of oatmeal and scrambled egg beaters with green tea this morning.  Oh, how I've missed having my normal breakfast.  It's yummy, and keeps me satisfied until lunch time, most days.


Had a 6-inch veggie delite sub from Subway, with baked Lay's potato chips.  I got two triangles of pepperjack cheese on it, even though technically I'm not supposed to.  But, I told myself I could get either cheese or the low-cal mayo, but not both.  So, I'm proud I chose the cheese. ;D


I had a banana and a slimfast 100 calorie bar for an afternoon snack.


Supper was a turkey sandwich that I made here at home with a side of steamed veggies and with two graham crackers and green tea as dessert.


I did the harder workout dvd this evening.  It's very slowly but surely getting easier each time I do it.  I just keep telling myself the only way it'll get easier is if I keep doing it.  


So far, I'm feeling much more satisfied with this diet.  I haven't been feeling the low-blood sugar hunger weakness and such, probably because there's more carbs with this diet, I guess.  And I've had more energy, so far.  Hopefully, this all will continue.


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're really starting to get into the swing with the exercise.

    I can't make myself have a "veggie only" sub either. I use turkey at lunch and thin sliced roast beef at dinner. I may take your idea and use cheese for the lunch sub next week.

    I'm no dietician but I think you made some good choices here. And I agree that this diet, the way we're doing it with the healthful modifications, is less dreary than the Slimfast. - Cory

    ReplyDelete