Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Sunday, February 7, 2010

SLIMFAST: Day 7, Cory

Half way done!

With the Slimfast diet, that is.  Cappy and I haven't decided on our next diet.  We've gotten some suggestions and are open to more suggestions - so if you have any ideas, comment below and let us know.

We're open to anything that isn't extreme and provides a balanced diet.

TODAY:  Went fine.  Upped my time on the exercise bike from 30 minutes to 40 minutes.

Have been doing indoor chores today and am feeling slightly down - trying to keep my mind off sad things. I will say this about the mega-challenges in life:  They give you perspective.  No way I can't handle learning to take better care of myself.

Happymaker:  I work in an office with 3 other people - they all went skiing this weekend, and I decided not to go.  However, I just texted them, asking if they all got home OK.  That way, they will think I care and everything!  :)

--Cory

3 comments:

  1. Diet suggestions:

    Subway diet, Special K Challenge, Weightwatchers (you know that point crap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. South Beach worked really well for me.

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Teena and E., for the suggestions.

    I looked at the SPECIAL K thing, and thought . . . "if I'm gonna eat cereal, I'd rather eat some healthy whole grain cereal, rather than this processed, fortified stuff." The diet was really heavy on Special K products - their bland cereal and sugary bars. It was disappointing.

    If Cappy really wants to try it, I'd be willing, but have to modify it to my liking.

    Also, as far as WEIGHT WATCHERS goes. you kinda say it all there, Teena, with the phrase "that points crap." I just can't make myself learn how to count points, then count them. I don't want to count points, calories (except roughly, so I know I'm not going overboard), grams of fat, or grams of carbs, etc. I just want to eat sensibly.

    SUBWAY: I looked at it - I learned that Jared did it with "just coffee" for breakfast, and one of Subway's lighter 6" subs for both lunch and dinner, along with a bag of Baked Lays.

    That's what he ate, and that's all he ate, every single day for over a year, I believe.

    I'll see what Cappy thinks, though my thoughts on this are: If we do it, we should add a sensible breakfast. Also, I would just make my own healthy 6" subs (whole grain bread, plenty of veggies, no fatty spreads, light on cheese), and then have either a piece of fruit or a salad with each sub.

    SOUTH BEACH: Will take a look at it! I've heard it was low carb, but not as extreme as Atkins. If it offers enough carbs, it could work for me. I don't do well on very high-protein, low-carb diets. I feel light-headed and I crave my carbs.

    Appreciate the suggestions! - Cory

    ReplyDelete