Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Friday, April 9, 2010

RAW FOOD: Day twentysomething, Cory

Well, spent the day out of town, which involved breakfast, lunch, and dinner out.  But I kept it simple and sensible - 1 egg, a piece of turkey sausage, and about 1/2 cup of strawberry yogurt for brk; a small grilled salmon salad with vinegarette dressing, a small fruit cup, and a small roll for lunch, and a medium portion of broccoli stir fry with maybe 1/2 cup of steamed rice for dinner.  Later, at home, I had a piece of whole wheat toast.

I resisted the many, many donuts and pastries that were out by the coffee at the meeting, and then, when they served us lunch, I resisted the rich dessert choices (triple layer fudge cake, strawberry cheesecake, and two-layer carrot cake) and had the small fruit cup only.

That part - the resisting the way-rich treats - really wasn't even very hard.  I don't seem to have much of attraction to them anymore.  I mean, I have some, but . . . the thought of how unhealthy they are does a much better job of stopping me, than it used to.

Very little exercise in today, because long drive to the meeting, the long meeting, long drive home.  But I hope to make up for that tomorrow.

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment