Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Raw Food: Day 24, Cappy

Awesome day again with the diet.  I'm not quite sure why this diet has been so easy for me so far.  Maybe because it's cut out all of my trigger foods cold turkey?  So, it's about as close to quitting eating altogether as I can get for me, if that makes any sense.  The big comparison I always made to quitting smoking and dieting was I didn't have to smoke to live, so it was easier for me to give it up.  But now, I'm not having to eat all these foods that I'm addicted to in moderation.  I don't have to think about them at all anymore.  And I haven't much, as of yet.  


I know I'll have my ups and downs with this.  But so far the ups have GREATLY outweighed the downs. And I still feel great--significantly better than before I started the diet.  And I've had the energy to workout as much as I feel I need.  So, very positive experience all around with this diet.


I still think this is the lifetime diet for me.  I'll splurge on less healthy and organic stuff every once in a while, of course.  But I owe it to myself to eat the best possible foods for me, and I believe this diet has that.  Yay!


Happymaker of the day:  Finally getting started on writing again.

Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment