Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Friday, April 23, 2010

CUPBOARD CLEANUP: Day 12, Cory

Well, today again a lot like the days before (not counting the going out for lunch yesterday). 

The way my cupboard and fridge is, I should call this "The Low Fat Diet," because all I have left in the freezer & fridge is frozen chicken, frozen veggies, some veggie & rice soup I made, and some marinara sauce I made.  And all I have left in the cupboard now is pasta.

It is definitely working for me.  I seem to have moved off my plateau somewhat.  I can tell from my black jeans.  They were really too snug to wear when we started.  Then a couple weeks ago, they were still a little snug, but definitely wearable . . . and now, they are starting to loosen up.  I mean, nowhere near "too loose to wear," (though my main go-to blue jeans are getting too loose), but starting to loosen up.

And the skirt I've been wanting to get into - I tried it on and I am definitely closer.  I could wear it, but it's slightly snugger than I like.  Still, I could tell: Progress.

Exercise was "up and down the stairs," walking the dog about a mile, and exercise bike for about 30 minutes.

When I was walking the dog, I walked past the scene of an accident.  A young man had just been hit by a car, while he was running across the street.  People were surrounding him and comforting him, and the ambulance was on its way.  He was sort of curled up and moving/rocking like he was in pain, but he was quiet.  It was actually quite upsetting; when we went by on the way home, the ambulance was there and the EMTs seemed to be trying to give him some sort of treatment on the spot.  They didn't have him on the stretcher yet when I walked past.

I'll have to check the paper tomorrow to see what was going on.  This is a small town, but none of the people involved looked familiar - we were right in front of a large motel and I think the guy was actually crossing the street to get to the motel.  I think he was an out of towner, there with some family/friends.

I hope he was OK.  He looked very young.

No comments:

Post a Comment