Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Raw Food: Day Whatever, Cappy

Did good again today!  


I'm eating what I started out eating on the raw foods diet, which is a bowl of oatmeal and a veggie smoothie (spinach, strawberries, and bananas) for breakfast, a big salad with onions, spring mix leaves, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, avocado, black beans or kidney beans, and salsa for a dressing, and then another veggie smoothie for supper, sometimes with some raw carrots or snap peas to much on.  I also snack on apples, bananas, and raw almonds or raw cashews throughout the day.  It really is surprisingly satisfying, but only if I stop and think to myself why I'm craving stuff if I start to think I'm hungry.  If I don't think about it, that's when my cravings start to get the best of me, if that makes any sense.


I walked for about an hour and fifteen minutes this evening, and the walk was easier than it was yesterday, so maybe it won't take too long to get back in my walking groove.


Happymaker of the day:  My good walk


Cappy

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Cappy.

    I am definitely going to start adding more raw foods again. I did like how it helped me feel full.

    ReplyDelete