Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Saturday, May 8, 2010

LOW CARB: Day 1, Cory

OK.  Today was the first day of making the switch from low fat to low carb.  Mostly, it was just a relief to make a change . . . I was getting very bored.

My only "breadlike" item today was a whole wheat English muffin.  I had two "lite" eggs and turkey sausage and a yogurt with blueberries and strawberries for brk (the lite eggs brkfst at Bob Evans), a small grilled chicken salad with apples and a handful of pecans for lunch, and the a grilled chicken salad with the English muffin for dinner.  So I certainly ate sensibly today, and the calories can't have added up to very much.

I didn't do that great on the exercise - I did a little walking - no more than .5 mile, and some cleaning upstairs that included a bit of furniture moving.

Anyhow, it felt good to move to something new.  I wonder if switching back and forth from Low Fat to Low Carb might not be the way to go for me, long term?  I won't get bored, and it might help me not end up on plateaus . . . oh well, we'll see how I feel at the end of this week!

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment