Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Little More Info

Great intro, Cappy – just a few minor additions and corrections.

Ratings!

We’ll be rating each diet at the end of two weeks – probably just using a simple A, B, C, D or F rating (with + and -, like a grade report). We’ll rate it in various categories:

--EFFECTIVENESS – Did it work for weight loss?
--EASE OF USE - Was the food easy to obtain and prepare and take to work and adapt to the everyday?
--ENERGY LEVELS – Were energy levels high, or did it make us feel weak or tired?
--HUNGER FULFILLMENT AND CRAVINGS – Were hunger levels and cravings reasonable, or terrible?
--OVERALL – Our overall impression: Would we do it again?

And we’ll try to label posts so you can easily find our comments on various diets, and the final ratings.

Setting straight misinformation from Cappy:

--She picks on me for no reason.
--I am never gonna jump out of plane with her.

But I am jumping off this virtual cliff! Ready, Cappy? We’ll be like Thelma & Louise, except no murders or gunplay or sexy encounters with hunky hitchikers. At least not right off the bat.

---Cory

6 comments:

  1. I will jump out of a plane with you Cappy! Cory can cheer us on.

    Can't wait to read more of your adventure as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean I wasn't supposed to pick up a hitchhiker yet? I CAN'T LIVE WITH ALL THESE RESTRICTIONS.

    Cappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to post the details of your diet so we (meaning, I) can follow it as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sue. In this case, we are doing the Slimfast diet, so you can get the details at their site. If you go here:

    http://www.slim-fast.com/plan/meal_plan/fav_foods.aspx

    you can enter your weight and it gives you an idea how to use their product.

    You are welcome to do it with us! The more the merrier. We're starting tomorrow.

    --Cory

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great experiment, Cory and Cappy! I'm looking forward to reading about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your new toy! I've been on so many diets throughout the years that it'll be nice having someone else trying them out and telling me the pros and cons.

    Right now I am logging my food intake and keeping my intake to lose about 1/2 pound a week. I only want to lose the 5 I gained over the holidays and maybe a few more this summer, but I'm pretty happy with where I am right now. Just need to eat healthier and add some exercise. It's so hard for me to motivate during the winter.
    Karen, aka rockermom53

    ReplyDelete