Mission Statement

Our goal with this blog is to push each other to get healthy, learn how to stay fit and active, to examine our lives and try to find the joy and fun in every day, and to conquer our fears so that we can go out into the world and grasp every bit of happiness we can find. All while being snarky and trying not to kill each other.



Saturday, May 22, 2010

TESTING: Day 6, Cory

Well, I think my rule about exercise will be:

--Walk at least 2 miles or do at least 45 minutes on the bike during the day, minimum of 6 days a week. 

That allows me to skip a day, which I can imagine would happen now and then, when, say, it's rainy so I don't walk, and I get busy with something during the evening and can't get to my exercise bike.   I will test that out and see if I can stick to it without any major problems.

I don't want to finalize on that one yet, but that seems to be what is taking shape, here.  My approach here, for food and exercise,  is NOT going to be:  "Make some rules and stick to them," but rather, "See what you can stick to, and make it a rule."

On the food, I think I can go ahead and steal one from Alton Brown right now:

--Always eat breakfast.

Easy to do and really seems to help me get through the day.  I will call that one "final."

Still working on the rest.

Rainy day, did 45 min on the indoor bike.  Ran out of eggs so I ate three small turkey sausages with a piece of whole wheat for brk; a smallish salad and piece of cornbread (baked polenta) for lunch, and a small salad with shrimp and a piece of whole wheat for dinner.  Also had a yogurt, and plan to have a piece of fruit before bed.

Oh - I forgot I ate a biscotti and half a .  .  . fruit-bar cookie type thing.  It didn't seem like a huge indulgence, though I should be more careful about stuff like that.

Cappy!  Hope you are well, and silence does not mean anything except your are busy.  Are you still doing Raw Foods?  Something different?  Taking a bit of a break from the whole thing?

--Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment